Brand Marketing Assistant (12 Month FTC)
The MMO team at Square Enix is on the lookout for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our Marketing team to assist the MMO Brand Manager and Brand Director with the creation of assets, campaign tracking and reporting, network management and research.
The successful candidate will form part of a busy team, have excellent knowledge of current gaming trends and be an integral part of delivering success on one of the biggest games in the Square Enix portfolio.
The role reports into the Brand Director and is for an initial 6-month term.
Supply general support for the team as required. Includes but is not limited to:
- Working to brief and capture video from the game to support marketing asset requirements.
- Management of the relevant internal approval and localisation processes for all assets.
- Support in preparing detailed briefs to assist in creation of a wide range of assets (trailers, banners, etc.) for both internal creative services and external agencies.
- Assist in managing CRM campaigns, promoting wide range of content to both new and existing players
- Timely dissemination of assets to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Competitor insights, reporting and sharing of information.
- Assistance in data capture and analysis for business reporting.
- Management of the network filing systems.
- Ad hoc requests from the Brand Manager and other key stakeholders.
- Taking minutes during meetings and sharing with the teams.
- Support on-site at events, managing game pods and live interaction with the consumers, media and other event attendees.
- Key Stakeholders
- Executive Director Square Enix Europe Japanese Business Division
- Brand Director
- Brand Manager
- PR and Community team
- Creative Manager
- Local territory business managers and marketing teams
Knowledge and Experience
- Keen MMO gamer, having extensive experience of FFXIV.
- Final Fantasy Fan or Square Enix lover
- Previous brand marketing or project management experience within the computer games industry and / or entertainment industry preferred, but not essential.
- Degree level education or equivalent.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Competent in MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Passionate and keenly interested in the videogame industry. Keeps up to date with developments.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proactive mind-set.
- Creative and out of the box thinker.
- Good and confident communicator, comfortable communicating with a diverse number of stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple and varying needs.
- A strong team player - able to work within a multidisciplinary game team and international business, listen and respond to feedback.
- Speaks and understands Japanese language, although this is not essential.
- Experience with visual editing software such as Adobe Photoshop
May be required to travel, valid passport is necessary.
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.