Senior System Administrator - Infrastructure Services
Square Enix are currently looking for an experienced System Administrator to join our London office where you will oversee the day to day running, implementation, monitoring of servers (both virtual and physical) and storage for Square Enix offices and Data centers around the world.
- Perform administration and management of the virtualization platform and private cloud infrastructure to maintain a high level of service availability and continuous improvement;
- Perform capacity planning, daily operation and proactive monitoring of the organization’s storage area networks (SANs) and related storage services;
- Collaborate with the global DevOps team to migrate workloads and game servers in a hybrid cloud environment & ensure that applications and services run on a solid foundation in order to meet and exceed service levels;
- Management and support of server hardware, ensuring that servers are deployed and remain resilient via fault tolerant technologies and software updates;
- Assist network infrastructure administrators with the support and management of switches, routers, firewalls, and WAN circuits;
- Contribute to the defining of global standards and policy for server & network infrastructure and oversee the implementation in the local office;
- Provide proactive monitoring of server & network components;
- Create and update documentation of server & network infrastructure;
- Participate in the selection process for hardware, software or other solutions;
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
IT Infrastructure Services team, Online Services team
Technical Manager, Infrastructure Services
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Significant experience working with virtualization technologies in a multi-site or large production environment;
- Strong experience working with enterprise servers and storage technologies in a production environment;
- Experience with public & private cloud technologies (hybrid cloud);
- Data center/Server room/Co-location facility build-out and management experience;
- VMware VCP certification or equivalent experience.
- CCNA certification or equivalent experience.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Excellent knowledge of VMware ESXi and VMware management technologies.
- Extensive experience supporting, configuring, and installing enterprise storage technologies (HPE Nimble, HPE 3PAR).
- Experience with servers and server orchestration technologies (rackmount servers, blade chassis, HP OneView)
- Proven methodologies for troubleshooting enterprise virtualization and storage systems.
- Knowledge and a good understanding of Linux Administration
- Experience supporting and configuring routers, switches, and firewalls (Cisco IOS, Cisco Nexus, Palo Alto, Fortigate)
- Experience supporting, configuring, and installing hyperconverged platforms (HPE Synergy, Nutanix)
- Excellent customer service & collaboration, inside and outside the team.
- Ability to bring projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- A detail-oriented and mindful approach to problem solving.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts and technology quickly, and adapt to an ever-evolving environment.
- Availability to work outside of regular business hours.
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.