Senior Brand Manager
A new role has arisen, for a commercially minded digital and brand marketer to join the Brand team for the Japanese portfolio, at Square Enix’s London office.
The successful individual will have experience in the Games as a Service sector, working alongside development, marketing and communication teams to drive outstanding user acquisition, retention and monetisation campaign strategies. A detailed thinker, they will also be conversant with using data to support, enhance and amplify marketing programs.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to work with highly talented development teams, managing the launch and ongoing success of a new gaming IP in EMEA and ANZ markets.
Take ownership of the commercial forecast and P&L of assigned projects, continually driving toward meeting the necessary business goals.
Act as the brand lead across EMEA and ANZ markets, working closely with other key stakeholders within the group, including other territory managers, central brand team, PR, to develop publishing plans, to drive awareness, purchase intent and ultimately conversion to sales. Such plans would include but are not limited to areas such as audience analysis, positioning, messaging, promotion collateral/assets, sales lifecycle planning, etc.
Build, implement and manage the user acquisition, winback and retention campaigns.
Ensure team members have the direction and materials needed to execute their campaigns. Lead regular market check-ins and updates, to drive campaign adjustment and results.
Demonstrate a detailed understanding of programmatic advertising and other on-trend digital ad formats and platforms.
Market & Consumer Understanding
Good, working knowledge of the European markets. Able to drive consumer and data research and demonstrate effective implementation of learnings in growing the business and measuring campaign effectiveness/ROI.
Build a detailed understanding of the product and be able to deliver high-impact presentations as required.
Working in a diverse group of cultures with both internal and external stakeholders, including:
- SEJ West Brand
- Local Marketing Teams
- Japanese Development
Knowledge and Experience
- Good, proven experience of strategic/brand marketing, and digital marketing, particularly in a Games As a Service environment.Proven experience of planning and executing game marketing campaigns across Europe and communicating with a diverse number of international stakeholders.
- Very good project management capability, highly organised and meticulous planning.
- Ability to brief, manage & modify campaigns across touchpoints to excite and engage consumers.
- Commercially minded, with a keen eye for budgeting.
- Experience of tracking campaign results via previously agreed measures.
- Excellent at writing detailed briefs and presentations.
Degree level of education or equialent, and/or CIM qualification.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Very strong team player - able to work within an interdisciplinary game team and international business.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Self-motivated and pro-active – taking ownership of projects to drive them forward.
- Good business acumen.
- Understanding of game development and willing to learn more about how games are developed
- Additional languages (European &/or Japanese) a plus but not compulsory
- Willing to travel and stay away from home. Valid Passport to enable international travel, where necessary. Shows passion and excitement about video games, keeps up to date with developments within industry.
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.