The PR Executive will work within the SEJ West Business Division brand team to plan and execute PR plans for Final Fantasy XIV.
As a key member of the SEJ West team you will be a multi-skilled PR Executive able to adapt PR plans to European and PAL markets, maximise potential for local media coverage and ensure delivery of communication campaigns on times, on spec and within budget.
The successful candidate will be a results-driven PR Executive with a broad understanding of how to deliver a successful PR campaign with a demonstrable passion and skill set to deliver results.
Work with the Senior PR Manager to deliver required PR activities.
Assist with creating, planning and executing PR & communication strategies for Final Fantasy XIV for European and PAL markets. Ensure that all assets, press releases and other PR opportunities are fully maximised.
- Copy creation across variety of disciplines – press releases, promotional activity etc.
- Co-ordination with Japanese and US teams for global announcements and activities.
- Build effective working relationships with internal Brand and PR teams and champion PR needs where required.
- Generate coverage and editorial ideas and identify media partners to grow and execute on bespoke coverage and opportunities.
- Co-ordinate announcements, codes and asset distribution to territory PR’s.
- Manage specified campaign tracking and coverage reports.
- Coordination of press events and conferences.
- Ad hoc tasks as and when required.
XIV PR Manager, Senior PR & Communications Director, SEE FFXIV Brand Team
PR Manager - FFXIV
Knowledge and Experience
- Current player and expert on Final Fantasy XIV.
- Good knowledge of the MMO, E Sports market and business.
- Proven track record of PR gained in the video-games or entertainment sector, ideally at a videogame publisher.
- Proven experience planning and executing PR campaigns.
- Strong writing and creative skills.
- The ability and confidence to demonstrate products both internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing deadlines without compromising quality.
- Creative thinker with common sense and ability to take initiative, identify potential problems/issues and react/advise accordingly.
- Degree or diploma in PR, marketing or a related field
- Experience of working in a PR agency either in the UK or overseas
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Results oriented, outgoing, self-motivated and well organised.
- Ability to develop and manage strong relationships and collaborative skills.
- Extremely well organised, excellent time management and ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player in a multi-cultural environment.
- This individual must be a team player, resilient, diplomatic resourceful and have a positive outlook. You must also enjoy working in a fast paced, lively, constantly changing and evolving environment.
- Able and willing to travel internationally for press trips, studio visits and trade events and work non-standard hours where required.
- Ability to be an ambassador for Final Fantasy XIV in PAL territories
- Active gamer with a proven passion for gaming Experience working at a Japanese company
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.