Senior Brand Manager
Square Enix has a great opportunity for an accomplished and experienced marketer with digital marketing experience, to join the Brand Marketing team for the Japanese brand portfolio, based at the European head office in London.
In this role you will work closely with studio teams on upcoming high-profile, commercially-critical titles, being a key player across a wide mix of creative and commercial aspects of projects. You will build publishing plans and lead the execution of those plans – working with international stakeholders across various disciplines to land impactful, coordinated campaigns that meet business goals.
Successful candidates will have a strong record of accomplishment in marketing digital and boxed video games, with proven progression of increased responsibility and influence. You have demonstrated your ability to define clear goals and develop creative, high-impact strategies and activities to achieve those goals, based on a deep understanding of intended audiences and the digital marketplace.
If you love the idea of working with a diverse global team and are passionate about video games, technology and entertainment, then this is a role for you.
[YOU ARE REQUIRED TO WRITE A COVER LETTER FOR THIS POSITION]
- Lead the publishing of assigned products across EMEA & ’PAL’ territories.
- Develop publishing plans that communicate goals and the strategies for achieving them, in conjunction with teammates as needed - to drive awareness, purchase intent and ultimately conversion to sales. Such plans would include but are not limited to areas such as competitive analysis, audience analysis, positioning, messaging, promotion collateral/assets, KPIs and their methods of measurement, use of online/digital tools & technology, sales lifecycle planning, etc.
- Take ownership of the commercial forecast and P&L for assigned projects in conjunction with teammates, and continually drive toward meeting the necessary business goals. To emphasise an integral consideration, build and maintain internal relationships in order to drive the commercial results of your project/business.
- Be an authority and evangelist for assigned projects: including elements such as rolling forecasts, P&L, key-selling features, milestone delivery dates, promotion budgets and schedules, code demo ability, market/genre status and history, brand assets usage guidelines, competitive marketplace and any territory specifics.
- Work closely with studio development teams to not only fully understand the project and then relay information to necessary stakeholders in the Western business, but also to drive best practice and influence decision-making for the benefit of the project.
- Collaborate with team members based in the US and Japan, to deliver coordinated global campaigns across all channels and disciplines.
- Develop creative briefs for campaign assets, working with internal and external partners to deliver high quality materials on budget and on time.
- Manage marketing budget allocations effectively to ensure that teams achieve maximum return-on-investment, and maintain oversight of the regional marketing spend – pre-launch to ensure effective advance planning, as well as via post-launch campaign performance management.
- Ensure that activities intended by local territory offices and distributors, and the digital sales team, are in line with the Publishing Plan - and that team members have the direction and materials needed to execute - across above-the-line, media buying, third/first party promotions, PR, trade marketing, trade pricing and other disciplines and touch points. Lead regular market check-ins and updates, to drive campaign adjustment and results.
- Understand platform holders’ processes for publishing boxed and downloaded content, building that knowledge into scheduling and content planning in order to ensure high quality coordination and to maximise coverage.
- Lead lifecycle planning of assigned brands including post-launch strategies, to continue driving revenue – as a key element, use strong analytical skills to measure particularly digital campaign effectiveness/ROI, and course adjust as needed.
- Attend and support key industry events where necessary (e.g.; gamescom, Japan Expo, Paris Games Week etc).
Executive Director, Sr. Brand Director, Brand Director, SEJ Brands Team, SEJ Marketing, Publicity & Development teams, Operations, Localisation and Production teams, Digital Sales and Marketing team, Studios, local Publishing & Distribution offices, Community & Service, format/platform holders.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong, proven experience of strategic/brand marketing.
- Proven experience of planning and executing game marketing campaigns, having worked on large game projects previously.
- Prior experience and knowledge of tactical/local marketing on a European or International level. Must show understanding of the different requirements for European markets and have prior experience of delivering to various local needs.
- Able to navigate the growing and ever-evolving digital market & landscape – having had experience of doing so.
- Good and confident communicator / presenter, with proven ability of communicating with a diverse number of international stakeholders.
- Very good project management capability.
- Ability to brief, manage & modify campaigns across touchpoints to excite and engage consumers.
- Previous budgetary management experience with high accuracy in recording and reporting.
- Good experience of tracking campaign results via previously agreed measures.
- Excellent at writing detailed briefs and presentations.
- Degree level of education or equivalent, and/or CIM qualification.
- Some understanding of the Japanese games market and any differences in market preferences and publishing strategies and tactics, to Western markets.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Very strong team player - able to work within an interdisciplinary game team and international business, appropriately managing inputs, recommendations and approvals where suitable.
- Able to energise and motivate within a team to ensure delivery of marketing strategy to demanding timelines.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Very strong time management, co-ordination, organisational, budgetary, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills, including the ability to liaise and interact with Senior Management within a multi-cultural environment.
- Creative and critical thinker with common sense.
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly with generation of briefs, plans and schedules.
- Determined, resilient and tenacious.
- Self-motivated – taking ownership of projects to drive them forward.
- Proactive – able to sense potential threats to projects and act accordingly to prevent those threats from becoming issues.
- Understanding of game development and willing to learn more about how games are developed.
- Additional languages (European &/or Japanese) a plus but not compulsory.
- Interest in gaming a plus, in particular with Japanese RPGs.
- Willing to travel and stay away from home.
- Valid Passport to enable international travel, where necessary.
- General interest in current trends in entertainment content and promotion.
- Shows passion and excitement about video games, keeps up to date with developments within industry.
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.