Square Enix is one of the world’s leading publishers of video games. This role is based in the Digital Platform team, part of the Online Development department, who are responsible for developing the company’s online presence and tech tools. The successful candidate will be reporting into Digital Platform’s senior manager, working alongside other designers on the team, and will be focused principally on designing our public-facing web properties and our internal tools’ GUIs, both structurally and visually. Mobile-oriented design will be an important area of focus.
Create innovative conceptual interaction design models - for mobile, table and desktop experiences - including wireframes, navigation models, site maps, diagrams, process maps, mock-ups, visual specification.
Work with development and other creative staff to produce working prototypes, style guides and other artefacts to describe the intended user experience.
Conduct stakeholder interviews to gather business requirements and convert them into design requirements.
Create user models to focus efforts in scoping, design, and development.
Advocate best practices and be proactive in proposing improvements in design, function and features as well as sharing knowledge, research and experience.
Digital Platform team: Senior Manager – Digital Platform, Senior Software Solutions Manager, Web Designers, Development Managerm Developers, Project Managers.
Online Development: Online Development Director, Senior Manager - Web Development.IT team: Online Infrastructure Division.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven professional design experience (3+ years) working on digital/interactive projects across a variety of different sectors and platforms
- Expert in UX / UI design tools, including wireframing and interactive mobile/web prototyping
- Proven understanding of best design in a range of different scenarios – landing pages, e-commerce, community and social network sites etc
- The ability to facilitate requirements, gathering and conduct stakeholder and user interviews
- Working skills of rapid prototyping/wireframing tools: Marvel, Sketch or similar
- Exposure to iOS and Android app design
- Working knowledge of mobile and tablet UI design
- The ability to conduct user profiling and user needs analysis
- A strong understanding of the interface technologies that are integral to interface design and functionality
- Knowledge of rapid, iterative, low and high fidelity prototyping/wireframing
- Web development experience in some segment of the videogames industry
- Development experience in an online commercial environment
- Fluent communication skills. You must be able to explain and get buy in on abstract concepts like faceted navigation, block diagrams and unique architectures
- Understanding of Google analytics and SEO best practices
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Team player
- Proven ability to manage technical projects with competing demands from different stakeholders
- Proven ability to work with creative and development staff to provide technical realisation of creative design
- Attention to detail
- Online communities
- Interested in video games
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Perkbox Membership
- Free Fruit
- Games Discounts
- Medical Cover
- Generous Company Pension Scheme
- Option to buy/sell holiday
- Flexible working option
- Team Socials