Game Data Scientist
- Work with the Game Teams providing insight into player behaviour using data collected from users and games to answer key business questions.
- Perform hands-on research, data exploration and analysis to identify strategies to improve engagement, retention and monetization.
- Focused on deepening our player understanding to devise best-in-class solutions and delivering client-friendly insights to senior stakeholders.
- Acting as the liaison between product, game developers and data engineers to ensure our data is precisely specified, understood and consistent.
- Develop methodologies to improve the in-game customer experience such as predicting when users are likely to perform certain actions, churn or monetize.
- Utilize analytical tools to gather, process and present meaningful insights and supporting evidence.
- Use predictive analytics to predict how users will react to changes in the games.
- Desire to work across diverse data sources (spanning marketing campaign data, sales performance and in-game user behaviour) to shape our customer understanding and support development for Square Enix West’s Mobile digital future.
- Ensure we continue to collect and document appropriate data.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Product Lead and Product Manager and dive deep into game behaviour data to identify key opportunities for further game development (engagement, retention, monetization) and enhancement of our communications with players.
Product Management, Game Design, Engineering, Analytics.
Product Lead / Senior Manager Analytics
Knowledge and Experience
- Significant experience applying analytics to answer business questions and mine for insights that drive value in a mobile B2C business.
- Strong undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject area (such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science etc.)
- Prior experience in empirical analysis.
- Strong grasp of machine learning and data modelling techniques
- Wealth of practical experience working with data and are comfortable communicating valuable insights to an array of teams to influence decisions.
- Postgraduate degree.
- Masters in Data Science, Applied Statistics, Behavioural Economics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or related field.
- Data visualization experience.
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira & Confluence).
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Understanding of data collection and processing techniques.
- Strong analytical skills in applied statistics or econometrics.
- Proven track record of conceptualizing complex business problems and solving them with advanced statistical models and machine learning algorithms, as well as the ability to interpret results with confidence and drive through recommendations.
- Solid experience and skills in data analysis, data mining or implementing data science models with SQL, Python, R or similar.
- Practical experience in relevant machine learning and data modelling techniques used in supervised problems such as decision trees, Random Forests, gradient boosted machines, linear/logistic regression, deep learning or unsupervised problems such as clustering and dimensionality reduction.
- Excellent written and communication skills, experience presenting to business stakeholders.
- A passion for turning data into actionable insights.
- Solid skills visualizing findings with a front-end visualization tool like Tableau, Looker or Chartio.
- Creative and innovative, flexible and non-conformist, always looking for better ways to achieve our goals.
- Fast learner and highly meticulous, bringing value to any conversation you are involved.
- Pragmatic, knowing how to balance short term and long-term deliverables managing expectations as needed.
- Team player, establishing effective relationships to work with others for the win.
- Real passion and interest in mobile games and data analytics.
- You love to tell stories with data and generate meaningful insights.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.