Senior PR Manager (SEJ Brand)
The Senior PR Manager will work within the SEJ West Business Division to create and execute PR plans across a variety of titles within the Japanese portfolio
As a key member of the SEJ Brand team you will be a multi-skilled Senior PR Manager able to adapt PR plans to suit local markets, maximise potential for local media coverage and ensure delivery of communication campaigns on time, on spec and within budget.
The successful candidate will be a highly organised and motivated Senior PR Manager with exceptional communications skills and a broad understanding of how to deliver a successful brand PR campaign with a demonstrable passion and skill set to deliver results. Successful candidate will have proved experience at a video game publisher and preferably with a focus on Japanese games.
Work with PR and Brand Directors to deliver required PR activities.
- Create, plan and execute brand PR & communication strategies across a variety of regions. Ensure that all assets, press releases and other PR opportunities are fully maximised
- Creation and execution of brand PR plans across assigned title
- Copy creation across variety of disciplines – press releases, briefing documents, fact sheets and product information etc.
- Co-ordination with Japanese and US teams for general campaign planning, global announcements and activities
- Build effective working relationships with internal Brand and local PR teams and champion PR needs where required
- Manage specified campaign tracking and for creation of coverage reports for execs and senior managemen
- Coordination of global press events, conferences and trade show activities
- Evaluation of PR campaigns and activities to identify effectiveness and key learning
- Work closely with community / social teams to compile joint plans and reports as needed
- Ad hoc tasks as and when required.
PR & Community / Social Team, Brand Managers (Square Enix Europe and America), Regional PR teams, Square Enix Japan Marketing & Publicity teams
Head of PR
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record of PR gained in the video-games sector, ideally at a videogame publisher and preferably with a focus on Japanese games.
- Proven experience planning and executing international PR campaigns of varying scale and budget.
- Strong writing and creative skills.
- The ability and confidence to demonstrate products both internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing deadlines without compromising quality.
- Creative thinker with common sense and ability to take initiative, identify potential problems/issues and react/advise accordingly.
- Degree or diploma in PR, marketing or a related field
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Results oriented, outgoing, self-motivated and well organised.
- Strong team player with the ability to develop and manage strong relationships and collaborative skills.
- Extremely well organised, excellent time management and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously as needed
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- This individual must be a team player, resilient, diplomatic resourceful and have a positive outlook. You must also enjoy working in a fast paced, lively, constantly changing and evolving environment.
- Able and willing to travel internationally for press trips, studio visits and trade events and work non-standard hours where required.
- Active gamer with a proven passion for gaming
- Experience working at a Japanese company
- Japanese speaker
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.