Administer all technical aspects of the company’s web and online gaming cloud infrastructure throughout the business with a strong focus on service delivery and automation.
- Manage public and private cloud infrastructure
- Maintain and improve system automation and management tools
- Administer and manage the web and online gaming server environment globally
- Work alongside the system administrators located at other sites
- Monitor online services and take necessary actions to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded
- Monitor system health and security
- Create system, process and workflow documentations
- Provide technical support towards all aspect of the infrastructure and help developers in debugging, troubleshooting and optimizing online software components and tools
- Work with agile delivery teams to ensure build management, automated testing and software deployment
- Work closely with hosting companies and datacentres to improve the service delivery throughout the business
- Take proactive approach in identifying and alleviating capacity planning issues and bottlenecks, forecast resource requirements
- Provide high quality support of the infrastructure and liaise with the other 3rd level support teams regarding networking, server and storage issues
- Script, manage, configure and tailor monitoring solutions and respond to incidents
Global IT director, Head of IT operations, OID Technical Manager, Live team coordinators/managers, development teams.
OID Technical Manager
Knowledge and Experience
- Working in cloud environment
- Proven experience in working in IT technical support and experience in supporting private or public cloud infrastructures, virtualized systems
- Strong Linux system administration background
- System automization experience regarding deployment and configuration management.
- Container technologies, docker
- Hands-on experience with more of the following server components: apache, nginx, mysql, postgres, mongo, haproxy
- Experience in designing/managing highly available systems, distributed systems, clustering
- Managing monitoring and alerting systems, central logging, log analytics, backup and archive solutions
- Service orchestration experience
- Linux certificates Ubuntu/RedHat
- Active involvement in cloud auto-scaling solution development
- Experience in continuous integration/continuous delivery
- In-depth Puppet/Chef/Ansible knowledge
- Hybrid cloud experience with scale out to AWS, RackSpace, Azure or other public cloud.
- Experience with enterprise grade load balancing solutions
- Working with high traffic web applications and dynamic scaling
- Experience with any of nagios, zabbix, logicmonitor, observer, cacti, munin, logstash, syslog-ng, greylog
- Involvement in deploying juju, maas, cobbler or other provisioning solutions
- OpenStack installation and management experience
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Solid networking background and experience with network troubleshooting
- Security driven mind-set and approach towards all problems and every part of the infrastructure
- Interest in working towards a high quality, finding the right solutions, following best practices
- Strong focus on business outcomes and a service provider attitude
- Web development experience with interactive backend systems, custom made system administration tools
- Proficiency in any well-known switching, routing, technologies
- Experience in firewall configuration and management
- IT security qualifications, ethical hacking
- Working with IPS/IDS systems
- Ability to work in a team, create well organized documentation, follow procedures.
- Comfortable with open communication
- Available to work out of office hours and remote support
- Interest in video games, online gaming.
- Open for potential 24/7 support in the future if required
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.