Square Enix is one of the world’s leading publishers of video games. This role is based in the Digital Platform team, part of the Online Development department, who are responsible for developing the company’s online presence and tech tools. The successful candidate will be reporting into Digital Platform’s senior manager and will be focused principally on developing and refining the usability of our public-facing web properties and related mobile apps. In addition to this, there will be many internal tools and systems which are used throughout the business which will require UX development.
- Creating innovative conceptual interaction design models - desktop, tablet and mobile - including wireframes, navigation models, site maps, diagrams, process maps, mock-ups, visual specification.
- Work with development and creative staff to create working prototypes, style guides and other artefacts to describe the intended user experience.
- Conducting stakeholder interviews to gather business requirements and convert them into design requirements.
- Creating user models to focus efforts in scoping, design, and development.
- Advocating best practices and be proactive in proposing improvements in design, function and features as well as sharing knowledge, research and experience.
Digital Platform team: Senior Manager – Digital Platform, Senior Software Solutions Manager, Web Designers, Developers, Project Managers.
Online Development: Online Development Director, Senior Manager - Web Development.
IT team: Online Infrastructure Division.
Senior Manager – Digital Platform
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven professional UX experience (5+ years) working on digital/interactive projects across a variety of different sectors and platforms. Mobile app experience is a must.
- Expert in UX / UI design tools, including wireframing and interactive mobile/web prototyping.
- Proven understanding of best practice UX design in a range of different scenarios – landing pages, e-commerce, community and social network sites etc.
- The ability to facilitate requirements, gathering and conduct stakeholder and user interviews.
- Working skills of rapid prototyping/wireframing tools: Marvel (required), Sketch (required), Axure, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, ProtoShare or similar
- Exposure to iOS and Android app design.
- Working knowledge of mobile and tablet UI design.
- The ability to conduct user profiling and user needs analysis
- A strong understanding of the interface technologies that are integral to interface design and functionality
- Knowledge of rapid, iterative, low and high fidelity prototyping/wireframing
- Web development experience in some segment of the videogames industry.
- Development experience in an online commercial environment.
- Fluent communication skills. You must be able to explain and get buy in on abstract concepts like faceted navigation, block diagrams and unique architectures.
- Understanding of Google analytics and SEO best practices
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Team player.
- Proven ability to manage technical projects with competing demands from different stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work with creative and development staff to provide technical realisation of creative design.
- Attention to detail.
- Online communities.
- Interested in video games
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.