Business Performance Manager
Business Performance Manager
As the games business transitions more and more to Games as a Service, successful marketing plans have to be built on insight from multiple data sources, as publishers look to optimise player engagement, live ops messaging, revenue and media performance.
This role requires someone to assimilate these sources, understand and explain patterns of behaviour, and offer solutions for the broader organisation to implement: In-game, Store, 1st Party, Retail, Owned social channels, Media spend and other consumer touch-points.
Working as part of the marketing team, the Performance Manager will lead the “data analytics engine” of the team, to help better understand a game’s commercial performance and engagement metrics across the EMEA and ANZ region. These learnings and recommendations will directly influence our marketing strategy and tactics.
Your key task will be to identify, drive and optimise the growth engine for key products within the Square Enix portfolio. The business insights you deliver will empower our marketing teams to develop “best in class” plans across the EMEA business.
The role will report into the Analytics & Insight Senior Manager.
- Leverage all our internal and external data sources to identify business opportunities across the EMEA and ANZ region to help drive product growth.
- Work with Analytics & Insight team and Live Ops to define player segmentation and identify patterns of behaviour (eg: churn prevention). Develop and put in place plans to optimise player engagement and revenue.
- Analyse player engagement and store sales in order to make gameplay or content recommendations to the Live Ops teams.
- Analyse sales performance, consumer behaviour patterns and key learnings to make retail recommendations (Digital and Boxed) to optimise revenue generation.
- Analyse the performance of other owned channels and develop optimisation plans (eg: Square Enix eStore, Loyalty programmes and Game Hub)
- Work with marketing team, web analytics, 1st party and media agencies to analyse media performance by beat and by segment, and make recommendations to optimise:
- New player acquisition
- Churn prevention / win backs
- Sales revenue
The person will be expected to interact with a number of departments and teams around the Square Enix business, as well as external partners:
- Game Development Studio
- Live Ops Team
- Analytics & Insight team
- Web Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Digital & Boxed retail teams
- Marketing teams
- Media agency
- 1st Party Stores
- Very strong commercial and/or business intelligence background, with the ability to spot patterns and trends, and present clear recommendations to facilitate business actions
- Ability to create, maintain and publish content and audience specific reports. Ensure that information assimilated by a broad audience and leads to actionable conclusions
- A deep understanding of video games publishing, development studios, 1st party and the consumer
- A deep understanding of the GAAS player ecosystem, including best practise around store execution, promotions, player engagement and messaging
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to rapidly form networks
- Driven to develop skills in others
Technical knowledge (preferable):
- Microsoft Office
- Power BI
- Literate with analytical software
- Experience with web analytics tools