QA Project Manager
This is a new role within Square Enix's QA Management group. Primary responsibilities will be providing project health and risk reports, and maintaining a detailed overview of development and testing progress for all projects in test.
Risk Management and Reporting
- Ensure accurate reporting of project and testing health, QA progress and KPIs.
- Ensure that all areas which put milestone dates at risk (Alpha, Beta, RC/Submission, RTM) are identified and reported to QA Management and game Production teams.
- Working with the SEQA Management group, ensure that risk-management and mitigation strategies are developed and acted against both by SEQA and by Studio teams (Producer/Exec Producer, Head of Programming, etc)
- Communicate project progress and any risks to the wider business on an ongoing basis
- Ensure lessons learned from previous titles are communicated at each project's QA kick-off.
- Working with the Global QA Management team, ensure ongoing database of critical lessons learned (both in the course of a given project, and as a result of a project post-mortem) is maintained.
- Working with Global QA Management to ensure that risk reporting is in line with agreed milestone requirements, including success and failure criteria, for each product's key testable milestones (alpha, beta, master candidate).
- Monitor progress against schedule by both QA and Development teams; and report progress, highlighting any risks, to Head of QA/Exec Producer/Management.
- Work with Global QA Management to implement improvements to the full range of QA group services, including (but not limited to) testing, mastering, tools, submissions.
- Build up, and maintain, relations with key Studio stakeholders to establish QA KPIs, ensure buy-in to risk analysis processes, etc.
- Previous games project management experience
- Experience in managing teams
- Experience in testing games as a service (GAAS)
- Excellent Communication skills
- Understanding of Business Intelligence tools
- Data- and risk-analysis
- Understanding of bug databases and test-case management tools: Jira, EasyBI/PowerBI, TestRail/TestFLO/Zephyr
- Team player
- Outgoing & friendly
- Interested in computer games
- Travel will be required to visit external studios/vendors
- Flexibility to work extra hours if required
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.