Web Content Editor
Square Enix is one of the world’s leading publishers of video games. This role is based in the Digital Platform team, part of the Online Development department, who are responsible for developing the company’s online presence and tech tools.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating editorial and promotional content (blog posts, product pages, newsletters) for the main Square Enix online presence, in coordination with brand strategies and product schedules.
NOTE: When applying please attach your Portfolio to your application.
- Build an editorial content strategy to keep the Square Enix audience interested and aware of the whole product lineup. Special attention should be given to focusing our public on new products that meet their gaming tastes.
- Keep the company’s main website up to date, ensuring the product line up is fully covered.
- Write copy for online promotional assets such as newsletters, banners, etc.
Executive Director - Online, Online Development Director, Senior Manager – Digital Platform, Project Managers, Web Designers, Brand teams, Community teams.
Senior Manager - Digital Platform
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven professional editorial content experience in the entertainment field (3+ years).
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the gaming industry.
- Deep knowledge of the full Square Enix lineup, both current and historic.
- Good, flexible written style.
- English Language.
- Proven professional experience with corporate/highly visible social media channels (3+ years minimum).
- Creative writing or journalism-related academic qualification.
- Proven professional experience (3+ years) with copy writing.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Team player
- Proven ability to manage technical projects with competing demands from different stakeholders
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously so as to meet all deadlines
- Interest in SE Titles and Video Gaming
- In the flux of the latest video games and posts by some of the markets top writers and content creators.
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.