Square Enix has a great opportunity for an experienced marketer to join the Brand Marketing team for the Japanese product and brand portfolio, based at the European head office in London.
You will work closely with studio teams on upcoming titles, being involved in a wide mix of creative and commercial aspects of projects. You will build publishing plans and manage the execution of those plans, working with an international team across various disciplines to land impactful, coordinated campaigns that meet business goals.
If you love the idea of working with a diverse global team and are passionate about video games, technology and entertainment, then this is a role for you!
- Be the brand marketing lead for all assigned products across EMEA territories.
- Develop publishing plans that communicate goals and the strategies for achieving them, in conjunction with teammates as needed - to drive awareness, purchase intent and ultimately conversion to sales. Such plans would include but are not limited to areas such as competitive analysis, audience analysis, positioning, messaging, promotion collateral/assets, go-to-market plan, etc.
- Take ownership of the commercial forecast and P&L for assigned projects in conjunction with teammates, and continually drive toward meeting the necessary business goals.
- Understand and evangelise your assigned projects, including elements such as rolling forecasts, P&L, key selling features, milestone delivery dates, promotion budgets, activities and schedules, gameplay presentations, market/genre status and history, brand assets usage guidelines, competitive marketplace and any territory specifics.
- Work closely with game development teams not only to fully understand the project and then relay information to necessary teammates in the Western business, but also to drive and influence decision-making for the benefit of the project.
- Collaborate with team members based in the US and Japan, to deliver creative and coordinated global campaigns across all channels and disciplines.
- Develop creative briefs for campaign assets, working with internal teammates and external agencies to deliver quality materials on budget and on time.
- Manage marketing budget allocations effectively to ensure that teams achieve maximum return-on-investment, and maintain oversight of the regional marketing spend.
- Ensure that activities intended by local territory offices and distributors, and the digital sales team, are in line with the Publishing Plan - and that team members have the direction and materials needed to execute - across above-the-line, media buying, third/first party promotions, PR, trade marketing, trade pricing and other disciplines and touchpoints. Contribute to regular market check-ins and updates in order to drive campaign adjustment and results.
- Understand platform holders’ processes for publishing boxed and downloaded content, building that knowledge into scheduling and content planning.
- Contribute toward the lifecycle planning of assigned brands including post-launch strategies, to continue driving revenue.
Attend and support key industry events where necessary (e.g.; gamescom, Japan Expo, Paris Games Week etc).
Executive Director, Sr. Brand Director, Brand Director, SEJ Brands Team, SEJ Marketing, Publicity & Development teams, Operations, Localisation and Production teams, Digital Sales and Marketing team, Studios, local Publishing & Distribution offices, Community & Service, format/platform holders.
Knowledge and Experience
- Good, proven experience of strategic/brand marketing.
- Prior experience and knowledge of tactical/local marketing on a European or International level. Must show understanding of the different requirements for European markets and have prior experience of delivering to various local needs.
- Good and confident communicator / presenter, with proven ability of communicating with a diverse number of international stakeholders.
- Familiar with managing projects.
- Ability to brief, manage & modify campaigns across touchpoints to excite and engage consumers.
- Previous budgetary management experience with high accuracy in recording and reporting.
- Good at writing detailed briefs and presentations.
- Degree level of education or equivalent, and/or CIM qualification.
- Proven experience planning and executing game marketing campaigns.
- Some understanding of the Japanese games market and any differences in market preferences and publishing strategies and tactics, to Western markets.
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Team player - able to work within an interdisciplinary game team and international business, listen and respond to feedback.
- Able to energise and motivate within a team to ensure delivery of marketing strategy to demanding timelines.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Good time management, co-ordination, organisational, budgetary, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills, including the ability to liaise and interact with Senior Management within a multi-cultural environment.
- Creative thinker with common sense.
- Good attention to detail, particularly with generation of briefs, plans and schedules.
- Determined, resilient and tenacious.
- Understanding of game development and willing to learn more about how games are developed.
- Additional languages (European &/or Japanese) a plus but not compulsory.
- Interest in gaming a plus, in particular with Japanese RPGs.
- Willing to travel and stay away from home.
- General interest in current trends in entertainment content and promotion.
- Valid Passport to enable international travel, where necessary.
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.