Japanese Business Translator
Provide translation/interpreting services on assignments mainly from the Brand/PR and Production teams but also from other sections.
- Translation of e-mails, reports and documents from/to English and Japanese.
- Interpret at meetings, conference calls and possibly game events
- Provide other types of Japanese-English language support to all departments.
Senior Translation Manager
Knowledge and Experience
- Native English and native-level Japanese speaking/writing skills
- Previous experience as an interpreter as well as a translator
- Basic knowledge about games and marketing in general
- Understanding of Western and Japanese cultures
- Translation experience gained within the games industry or technical field
- Previous experience working in Marketing
- Considerable knowledge about game development/publishing – JRPG in particular
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Proficient computer/IT skills
- Accurate understanding about English and Japanese grammar
- Familiar with MS Office applications, especially Excel/PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written skills)
- Previous experience of working with CAT (computer-assisted translation) tools
- Ability to form good relationship in both business cultures
- Technical knowledge about digital distribution as well as console platforms gaming
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Available to work flexibly including business trips and perform under pressure
- Knowledge and experience playing SQUARE ENIX titles, FINAL FANTASY in particular
- Knowledge and passion for playing SQUARE ENIX titles including FINAL FANTASY and MMO
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.