- Validate implementations of the programming team to ensure a high level of quality and performance;
- Help other team members in solving complex problems;
- Analyze the client and server code and identify problems and/or areas for improvement;
- Identify problems or inefficiencies in the team’s processes, and push for improvement;
- Manage the programming team’s workload and ensure milestones are met;
- Evaluate and distribute tasks in the Programming team based on the individual strengths and competencies;
- Ensure processes are followed by the team;
- Participate in the hiring process for the Programming team;
- Participate in the employee’s performance review process;
- Promote knowledge sharing and individual growth within the team;
- Ensure that design and architectural decisions are discussed with the lead Architect and Director;
- Ensure features are implemented based on the Lead Architect’s designs
Experience & Qualifications:
- University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Lead Programmer
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a SCRUM Master
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the videogame industry
- Knowledge of technological constraints on various platforms
- Experience in online software / services development
- Experience with NoSQL Databases
- Good knowledge of C / C ++ / Java
- Experience with multi platforms development.
- Experience in optimisation and low level debugging.
- Demonstrate leadership;
- Ability to organize and manage other programmers;
- Have a good team spirit;
- Open to constructive criticism;
- Excellent communicator.
Reports to: Online Development Director
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.