Junior QA Analyst
Square Enix is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated QA professional to join our Online Web Development Team, who are responsible for publishing interactive websites to support our games. This is not a Games Testing QA position.
The successful candidate will form part of the front line of defence, helping to ensure that everything we do meets the high bar for quality that we set for ourselves. The role reports into the Web QA Manager.
The primary focus of this role are the public facing websites and the backend systems which support them. The role also provides support for critical internal tools and systems built by the Online Development Team which are used daily by stakeholders across the business.
- Conduct extensive testing of online / backend systems, websites and applications as required
- Input issues, bugs and tasks into our database and track their progress for reporting
- Assist colleagues in updating user and system incidents, making sure they are logged, prioritised and resolved
- Execute daily test plans against critical internal and public facing services.
- Update and maintain test scripts and other related documentation as and when required
- Communicate product readiness, level of quality and test results in development meetings
Online Development team: Web QA Manager, Senior Web Operations Manager, Senior Manager – Technical Architecture, IT team: Web Infrastructure Manager, Studio Usability Labs, QA Teams
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to prioritise tasks and at times, work under pressure.
- Have experience of Agile development methods
- Identify and document defects
- Applicable knowledge of internet technologies
- Demonstrable understanding of blog platforms, social networking dynamics, and the basic principles of website construction
- Knowledge of Testing Techniques and Tools
- Experience using Jira or other bug tracking software
- Experience in creating test cases and executing test plans
- Familiarity with testing on Mobile devices
- An interest in / familiarity with web automation
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Team player
- Self-motivating and highly pro-active
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Working within multi-disciplined teams of varying size and with different stakeholders
- Interest in video games
- Attention to detail
- Experience with online communities
- Good understanding of Square Enix brand and products
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.