Square Enix is one of the world’s leading publishers of video games. This role is based in the Digital Platform team, part of the Online Development department, who are responsible for developing the company’s online presence and tech tools.
- Implement rich front-end application that behave as native applications allowing the final user to enjoy the experience whichever the device/platform of use.
- Translate technical specifications into clean, reusable, and tested code.
- Apply behavioral and integration testing, as well as thorough monkey testing of the application code.
- Advocate best practices and be proactive in proposing new approaches to improve the application’s capabilities.
Digital Platform team: Senior Manager – Digital Platform, Senior Software Solutions Manager, Developers, Project Managers, Web Designers, Online Development: Online Development Director, Senior Manager - Web Development, IT team: Online Infrastructure Division
Digital Publishing Team - Senior Manager
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven professional front end development experience
- Good working knowledge of Server Side Rendering
- Good working knowledge of isomorphic web applications design and implementation
- Knowledge of dos and don’ts of service workers
- Computer science or software engineering university qualifications
- Web development experience in a creative industry
- Web development experience in some segment of the video games industry
- Experience with offline first thick client applications
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (SASS/LESS)
- Experience with mobile development (both iOS and Android)
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Team player
- Proven ability to manage technical projects with competing demands from different stakeholders
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously so as to meet all deadlines
- Interest in graphic design and visual arts
- Understanding of video game industry
- Valid passport for travel.
- Keen interest or knowledge on Square Enix video games or titles.
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.