IT Project Manager (Infrastructure)
- The role of IT Project Manager facilitates team interaction, communication and active collaboration between IT Service Management, IT Operations and Business Operations.
- Working alongside the Project Sponsor and Discipline Lead the Project Manager builds the bridge between these business units. The project manager will ensure project scoping, planning and execution of operational services.
- The project manager will be responsible for the delivery lifecycle (end to end) of IT Projects and will co-ordinate the service design, and implementation of the project ensuring smooth transition into production.
- This role is critical to driving continuous operational efficiency and service improvement and facilitates continued growth and achievement to ensure competitive advantage for SEW.
- Interfacing with steering group, key stakeholders and contributors to identify and define project requirements.
- Planning, organising, monitoring and controlling the implementation of core IT technologies and services.
- Gathering requirements and establishing prioritised requirements list, detailing key use cases and user journeys for system implementation and service integration.
- Developing and maintaining project plans to track progress and continually review and validate against agreed project scope (project targets) to ensure project efficiency and continued business benefit.
- Ensuring project targets are met and keeping to tight timelines, within scope and within budget by managing change request and scope creep.
- Identifying risks, taking a proactive approach to minimise exposure and manage issues as they materialise.
- Reporting on project progress to senior stakeholders and escalating where necessary.
- Ensuring all relevant IT Service Management processes are adhered too and implemented with formal documentation completed for reference.
- Collaborating with technical team leads developing and optimising effective and robust solutions both IT Systems and Services.
- Evaluating project performance and controlling issues working with delivery teams too creatively solve problems.
- Identifying risk and business impact should these risks occur to include risk mitigation plans
- Managing 3rd Party Suppliers / Vendors responsible for project delivery where applicable
- Providing input and guidance to help refine internal Project Management best practice
Head of IT Project Management
Knowledge and Experience
- An understanding of key project management principles, a project lifecycle and project terminology.
- Experience in IT Operations, ITIL and/or ITSM processes and methodologies.
- Experience working directly with technical & tool development teams.
- Experience working to support the development and deployment of new technology and services.
- Experience managing implementing workflow and refining system practices ensuring successful delivery.
- Experience working with global/remote teams and delivering global projects.
- Prince 2, Agile, PMI or similar accreditation
- ITIL V3
- Supplier management
- Contract management
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Technical infrastructure background with involvement in solution design and delivery.
- Experience working to implement and support the continuous development and deployment of new technology.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Is detail orientated and thorough ensuring accuracy
- A logical thinker and solutions driven
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, autonomy and ownership of your projects
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
- Is well practiced in cross project planning, team co-ordination and solutions delivery
- Can strategically and logically introduce and apply systems and best practice
- Demonstrates a natural ability as team leader steering projects forward to completion
- Experience using the Atlassian suite plugins such as Big Picture
- Passion for computer games
- Project management methodologies techniques
- Project Management tools / software
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.