Square Enix London has built an analytics department of bright and dedicated analysts and data engineers who deliver a robust data collection and analysis service. Our expanding team is responsible for providing insight into consumer behaviour using data collected from users and games. We are now looking for an experienced Optimisation Specialist who will collaborate with Game Producers to be their support in defining a go-to-market strategy, and also identify strategies to improve game monetisation, engagement and retention.
In this newly created position, the Optimisation Specialist’s time will be focused on developing in-game strategies, from creation through to assessment. This self-starter will provide ideas for how we improve the in-game customer experience, work with the development team to implement a/b testing and work with data scientists to produce insights and supporting evidence for their outputs. The successful candidate will utilise analytical tools to gather, process and present meaningful insights on player behaviour. They will also have a desire to work across diverse data sources (spanning marketing campaign data, sales performance and in-game user behaviour) to shape our customer understanding and support development for Square Enix Europe’s digital future.
We are looking for candidates with excellent a/b and multivariate test design experience and knowledge of economy modelling who wish to take the next step in their career. You will have a wealth of practical experience working with data and are comfortable communicating valuable insights to an array of teams to influence decisions. We will provide you with a structured development plan and regular reviews to ensure you meet your goals.
This is an integral role in our Analytics department and represents a great opportunity for the successful candidate to ultimately lead a range of exciting optimisation and personalisation projects across multiple products. If you have the ambition to make a real difference and have the requisite skills, we would love to hear from you.
- Collaborate with game producers on the design, simulation, and optimisation of in-game economies
- Suggest data driven changes to game systems to drive desired player behaviour
- Identify opportunities and optimisations through in depth data analysis
- Retrieve and analyse logged data, create and manage promotion and A/B testing campaigns, interpret the results and make recommendations
- Manage and improve the in-game stores in terms of content, experience and pricing strategy
- Define, follow, analyse and improve the business KPIs and provide reporting on an ongoing basis
- Inform stakeholders across the business about campaign and sales performance.
- Together with technical teams, gather requirements to improve our existing in-game tracking infrastructure.
- Help provide a collaborative environment in which the team can develop methodologically sound data analysis techniques.
- Ensure we continue to collect and document appropriate data.
- Prioritises own and team’s work as necessary.
- Clearly communicates schedule and priorities to stakeholders.
- Take a flexible and open minded approach to new challenges.
Game Producers, Development teams, Analytics team
Senior Manager - Analytics
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent A/B and multivariate testing experience (planning and running)
- eCommerce or digital marketing experience using analytics platforms e.g. Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager, Omniture
- Experience of economy modelling (e.g. LTV)
- Solid understanding of major KPIs and knowledge of appropriate measures of success
- Ability to conceptualise complex business problems and solve them through data analysis
- Experience manipulating large or complex data sets efficiently
- Understanding of statistics and the ability to interpret results with confidence and drive through your recommendations
- You enjoy collaborating with people at all organisational levels and have great communication and presentation skills
- Handle multiple tasks while managing priorities and customer expectations as needed
- Driven to develop skills in others.
- User acquisition experience
- Experience of new user journeys and on-boarding
- Knowledge of free-to-play mechanics and design principles
- Experience of building predictive models to support well informed decision making regarding pricing, inventory and system improvements
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python or other programming languages for data analysis
- Power BI or Tableau experience
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
- Self-starter with excellent attention to detail
- You have a drive for commercial impact through evidence based decision making
- A real passion and interest in video games and data analytics
- You love to tell stories with data and generate meaningful insights
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Continually seeking knowledge and understanding
- Understanding of key challenges in our industry
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.