Square Enix’s A&I department is responsible for providing insight into consumer behaviour using data collected from users and games. Our expanding team consists of bright and dedicated analysts and data scientists who provide impactful deliveries and robust data stewardship. We work across a wide range of projects for game production, marketing, web, sales and executive teams to enable our stakeholders to make data-driven decisions. We are now looking for an experienced analyst who will work closely with production and development teams to extract meaningful customer data from our products, as well as leverage in game data to help our marketing team optimise their campaigns.
In this position, the Data Analyst’s time will be predominantly focussed on running analytical projects to support game teams and mentoring junior analysts. The successful candidate will have a strong grasp of technical tools (SQL, Python, R, Excel) and understand how evidence based decisions should be presented. This self-starter will have a desire to work across diverse data sources (spanning marketing campaign data, sales performance, game telemetry and online user behaviour) to shape our customer understanding and support development for Square Enix Europe’s digital future.
We are looking for candidates with a good level of analytics who wish to take the next step in their career. You should utilise the skills and knowledge you have accumulated in your career and be ready to move into a role where you will gain experience of strategy and support the development of other analysts. You will have a wealth of practical experience working with big data and are comfortable communicating valuable insights to an array of teams to influence decisions. We will provide you with a structured development plan and regular reviews to ensure you meet your goals.
This is an integral role in our Analytics department and represents a great opportunity for the successful candidate to help shape, define and influence the future growth and direction of the team. If you have the ambition to make a real difference and have the requisite skills, we would love to hear from you.
- Dive deep into game behaviour data to identify key opportunities for further game development and improvement
- Guide game producers by defining and measuring key elements of game progression and behaviour
- Inform stakeholders across Product and Marketing teams about game, campaign and sales performance
- Together with technical teams, gather requirements to improve our existing processes and user-tracking infrastructure
- Develop digital dashboards and reports that track and analyse key metrics related to product performance as well as consumer behaviour and cross-brand insights
- Support research projects (spanning ideation, implementation and analysis) that shed light on gamer interests and popularity of our games
- Help provide a collaborative environment in which the team can develop methodologically sound data analysis techniques
- Clearly communicates schedule and priorities to stakeholders
- Remain alert to opportunities which further utilise our data to benefit the business
- Ensure we continue to collect and document appropriate data
- Prioritises own and team’s work as necessary
- Take a flexible and open minded approach to new challenges
Game producers and development teams, marketing and product teams, senior management
Manager - Analytics & Insight
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong SQL ability
- Excellent analytical experience manipulating large or complex data sets efficiently
- Statistical modelling
- Preferably a Master’s degree or equivalent in statistics, maths, computer science, experimental psychology or similar field
- Highly literate with analytical software
- Role model best practice analytical behaviours such as project management and quality assurance of code
- You enjoy collaborating with people at all organisational levels and have great communication and presentation skills
- Ability to conceptualise complex business problems and solve them through data analysis
- Handle multiple tasks while managing priorities and customer expectations as needed
- Driven to develop skills in others
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Tableau, Power BI or Looker experience
- Working knowledge of R, Python or other programming languages for data analysis
- Survey design experience
- Experience with web analytics tools
- A real passion and interest in video games, data, analytics, online marketing and ecommerce
- You have a drive for commercial impact through evidence based decision making
- Excellent attention to detail
- You love to tell stories with data and generate meaningful insights
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Continually seeking knowledge and understanding
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.