Mobile Build and Release Engineer
As a Mobile Build Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the systems and tools necessary to have a robust and efficient continuous build system for our internal publishing teams across multiple mobile projects. The role will involve defining standards and processes for build systems, producing supporting documentation, supporting external developers as well internal publishing teams and archiving finished projects. Each project will be unique and you will be responsible for ensuring all stakeholders have access to builds on all mobile platforms, supporting documentation for each build and any other requirements as needed. Some titles may be based internationally so they may be some travel involved depending on each project’s requirements.
Day to day the mobile build engineer will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the build systems, automation, source control, versioning, continuous integration, rapid deployment and archival of multiple mobile projects. You will be liaising closely with external development teams, internal and external quality assurance teams as well as internal publishing departments.
As a Release Manager, you will be responsible for publishing final game submissions to the relevant platforms App Stores. You be taking care of the technical setup of each project, gathering all the resources required for each launch and/or update, submitting and releasing each project and then supporting and maintaining them through the live-op cycle.
- The technical setup of each project including but not limited to: Achievements, Leader boards, In-App purchases etc.
- Produce documentation to help other parts of the business provide all the assets necessary for each release considering store-specific deliverables.
- Coordination with project producers, external development teams and other internal and external stakeholders for each launch and update.
- Coordinating with other release teams in the business to monitor release schedules across multiple projects and make sure project release plans are adhered to.
- Act as the contact for release and certification topics on iOS, Google Play as well as other platforms.
- Uploading new builds and metadata for each launch and/or update to the relevant App Stores. Be responsible for releasing the final submission.
- Ensuring all stakeholders have all the relevant information before and after each release.
- Monitor key indicators and produce reports for each title to allow teams to understand the performance of each update and launch.
Mobile Production team, external developers, Technical director, Head of Mobile Production, Producers & Designers
Knowledge and Experience
• Setting up and running Continuous integration/Delivery systems. Implementing information dashboards, notifications on broken builds and automated tests.
• Familiarity with repository organization and branching schemes using multiple source control systems like Git, Mercurial, SVN and Perforce.
• Setting up monitoring and alert systems to ensure that any issues in the Continuous Integration environments are identified and resolved as quickly as possible.
• Familiarity with C#, Unity3D and scripting languages (Python, Bash etc.)
• Code debugging experience
• Experience using iTunes Connect and the Play Console or other App Stores.
• Knowledge or experience integrating SDK’s into mobile projects.
• A degree in computer science, related field or equivalent industry experience
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
• A desire to learn, experiment, and innovate, to improve the ways of working within the organization.
• A team player who can mentor and support both internal and external teams. This will involve communications around setting up continuous integration, release management and build systems, App Store guidelines, submission processes and technical project setup.
• Good multitasking, prioritization, documentation and organizational skills.
• Passion for mobile games and the games industry in general.
Valid Passport for international travel, keen interest in Square Enix titles and video games.
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.